January 22, 2009

If at first you don't succeed....

It's unheard of. Impossible. Beyond belief. I, am knitting. I KNOW RIGHT!? We all though it couldn't be done, I'd given up on the possibility. But a miracle has occurred! 

My biggest problem with knitting has always been that I didn't know what to do with all of the needles! So I went to Jo-Ann's, bought myself some #3, 7" DPNs, and gave it one more try. AND IT WORKED! So I've been practicing knitting like a fiend. I knit in the car between classes, in lecture, at home while watching TV, the doctors office, etc.

I'd low to show you visual proof of said knitting, however I can't find my camera atm. I cleaned up around here quite a bit too, but I still can't find it. I think it's hiding. But nonetheless, I've gotten fairly proficient at knitting. 

I can now cast on two different ways, knit, purl, knit increase two different ways, purl increase, knit decrease, cast off, but the one thing I can't do is purl decrease, so I'm going to look in another book I have when I find some more time and see if I can figure out a new way to do it. Oh, I can also rib, but I'm having issues doing the 1x1 rib, I've tried it at least 10 different times but it gets all messed up, I think I just need to pay it more attention. And I can't knit w/the DPN's for a sock, I think it's mostly because I don't know what I'm really doing, so I just need to spend more time with it. I figure I'll youtube some videos on it or something, see what I'm doing wrong. Maybe this weekend I'll have more time, but probably not. I have a "field trip" on Saturday, and a test and lab on Tuesday that I need to study for.

Happy Fibering!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well i must say i am very proud of you. knitting and purling too. that is quite an accomplishment for a beginner at knitting. usualy people learn the knit stitch and stick with that for a bit. well done!