December 21, 2007

“A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.”

A new day, a new post! Yay! So the Gryffy scarf has been completed! Hurrah! And more work has been done on the Ravenclaw scarf as well, but that's neither here nor there! This is to celebrate being FINISHED w/Gryffy. It's a love/hate relationship! 

So as loyal readers would know, the scarf was 30 stitches across, then folded in half and sewn. I've sewn the ends together as well, just a simple whipstitch, being to try and find out how my fringe should look. I ended up on atypically.knit's site for some help! This is where I started, back when I thought I could knit it! The needles and I just didn't click! (pun intended!) But she does have very valuable information, in fact the pattern she gives is great too, I just couldn't use it! Anyways she suggest 8 inch long strips of yarn, folded in half, in groups of three, every 2 stitches. And I think that worked great. Now I didn't need as many as she uses, I only did 9 sets per side, every 2 stitches or so. I like to approximate. If you're making one too, do what makes you feel happy! 

She suggested trimming them all the exact same length when done, but I didn't do that. I know that when you do that they still end up a little uneven due to time and wear. I trimmed the ones that were really long, but that's it! Now if the intended owner doesn't like it I'll trim it of course! But otherwise it stays! 

Enjoy the pictures! And of course, you can always see it on Ravelry!

No comments: