November 2, 2007

The Quilt of Many Colors V1.something

So I've been working on a new quilt and updating it on Ravelry, which I finally got into! YAY! If you're not already in, get on the list! Trust me, it's amazing, and the future of those of us who use yarn and hooks or needles!

Anyways so this is the quilt, in it's begining stages, which I'm currently still in!
I got the pattern from Happy Yellow House, who has some awesome quilt patterns I suggest you check out. They're free, so enjoy!

I had to modify the pattern somewhat because I discovered that my 3 color schemes for the checkerboard pieces weren't going to work w/10 squares of checkerboard. I don't do 3-4-3, it has to be even! And I really wanted the quilt to be bigger as well, so I added two additional rows on the bottom, and a column on the side! So instead of 4 big squares by 5 big squares, it'll be 5 squares wide by 7 squares tall. Giving me 35 individual completed squares. 18 will be checkerboard, 17 will be the star design. And 3 goes into 18 six times! So I have my evenness! No I'm not anal, why do you ask? I was watching some Harry Potter yesterday while doing one of the checkerboards and I think I'm going to have to slip house colors into some of the Star pieces for added fun!





I really should take some time and do the math on the final size...

BTW, if you are on Ravelry, you can get all the deets there! Just click here!

No comments: