November 14, 2007

Gryffindor, V2.04

Well here we are, 8 days later, makes for great continuity in the blogging world huh? Busy weekend, many things to do, latin to study, and a scarf to get under control!

And under control I did! First off I found out I was reading the pattern WAY wrong. And I missed that part at the end about folding it in half and sewing up, which makes sense, I just figured it wasn't done. Whatever. I'm over it! And what was in the last pictures is no more! I've started over, and it' looks FANTASTIC! So fantastic that I will most likely end up making one for myself, in Ravenclaw house colors. With silver, not bronze. Who came up w/that idea anyways? It's kind of hard to confuse silver with bronze, maybe someone on the costume staff of HP was colorblind. Talk about being in the wrong line of work!

So here is my progress so far! I get a bunch of it done at school in between classes. I either sit in the Honors lounge and chat, or take my laptop and catch up on TV I've missed because of studying or sleeping! It's a great thing for my hands to do!




It looks a little warped down between the first 2 sets of bars, and that's because I tried stretching it out on my knee for some bazaar reason, I don't plan on doing that again! I'm assuming all sins will be erase once I sew it together, none of that should even be noticeable. Then I get to do tassels! I love tassels, so tassely! But for now I'm ready to start on the 5th set of captured bars. I figure with Pushing Daisies and Private Practice on tonight I might even make it thru 6 or 7! Yay me!

As always here's your Ravelry Link! And reminder, join Ravelry!

I just found a pattern today for a knit R2D2 beanie, which I absolutely must have, so now I have to try my hands at knitting again... I just find it so much easier to control one hook, which is harder to drop stitches on, than 2 needles. I'm accident prone, like I really need to add needles to the mix!

No comments: